Stock Your New Bass Boat With All The Necessities
A new bass boat is an exciting investment and you want to have the best possible experience on the water—Every time. A big part of your enjoyment right from the start will be making sure you’ve purchased and brought along all the bass fishing gear you’ll need.
What should you bring along on your bass boat to maximize enjoyment while minimizing frustration or compromising safety? Let’s take a look.
- Electrical tape – Endless uses come to mind including securing transducer cords or protecting frayed wires.
- Cable ties – Keep these in case you need to secure items like rods on your boat if the weather becomes rough. They’re also useful for securing transducers and batteries.
- Spare clothes / rain jacket – Conditions on the water may be way different from on land. Bring extra jackets, gloves and anything else you may need.
- Life jacket – USCG approved life jackets of the proper size are necessary for every passenger on your boat to stay legal and safe.
- First aid kit – Include aspirin, antibiotic cream, gauze, antiseptic lotion, bandages, instant cold compress, extra water and anything else you value.
- Signal Horn, flares & radio – If you need to signal for help, you’ll be glad you brought these.
- Basic tool kit – Be sure to include wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, a knife and more.
- Paddles – Mechanical problems can happen. Sure, paddling to shore would be inconvenient, but the inability to return to shore would be worse!
- Hand-held spotlight – For safety and convenience, bring one along. Before setting out, make sure the batteries work.
- Sunscreen & bug repellent – The chances for sunburn increase while on the water even if you don’t feel overheated. Also, you never know what kind of biting critters you’ll encounter.
- Rope – Two ropes at least 50 feet long each are smart to bring along. They work well for towing someone else, being towed or for docking a boat.
- Small anchor – An anchor for the front and rear of your boat will keep you safe and make for a fun day. Whether you want to stay near a beach or where the fish are biting, you’ll be prepared.
At Xpress Boats, we sell only the highest quality watercraft. Having a dependable boat and being prepared with the proper gear will take you far in your leisure pursuits. Would you like to learn more about our products? Feel free to get in touch with us.